The Friends of the Art Museum at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (“The Friends”) is committed to ensuring that all personal data are handled in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. For this purpose The Friends undertakes to:
- collect adequate personal data by lawful and fair means only for lawful purposes related to the functions or activities of The Friends;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the personal data collected or retained are accurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are to be used;
- erase personal data which are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are to be used;
- use the personal data collected only for purposes or directly related purposes for which the data were to be used at the time of collection, unless the individual concerned has given express consent for a change of use or such use is permitted by law;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data are protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that a person can be informed of the kinds of personal data that The Friends holds and the purposes for which the data are to be used; and
- permit persons to access and correct personal data of which they are the data subjects and process any such access/correction requests in a manner permitted or required by law.
Data Collection for Direct Marketing
The information collected from you will be used to keep you informed about activities and events organised by The Friends.
You have the right to request access to and correction of, information about you and held by us. If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by us, you may do so by:
- contacting us by email at [email protected], or by post to Friends of the Art Museum, GPO Box 9861 Hong Kong.
If you do not wish to receive information from The Friends you may unsubscribe at any time by:
- clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails;
- emailing us at [email protected]
- contacting us by post at GPO Box 9861, Hong Kong.